Followers

Sunday, July 5, 2015

I am Woman, Hear me Roar!

 
Greetings and thanks for dropping by.  Sharing a canvas I finished recently.  I was in my art room perusing my stamps and decided to ink up these beauties by Dina Wakley for the first time. My eyes fell on these sentiments by Unity Stamps and I was ready to go. After gessoing my canvas, I added a number of Gelatos to the canvas.  Using my finger dipped in water I blended the colors.  I decided to mute the colors by adding a wash of gesso and water to the canvas.  The large circles are a stencil from Stencil Girl, colored with more Gelatos.  Additional marks were added with Titanium White Golden Fluid Acrylics and Ranger Archival Ink using more Dina Wakley stamps.  The drips and blobs of Aqua Ink are by Dr. PH Martin. The women were colored in with Gelatos and the sentiments and woman were all shaded with a Stabilo Pencil.  Thanks for your continued support.  Hugs, Yvonne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a great background and a perfect marriage of stamps.
Wishes
Lynne

Becca Cruger said...

This is just cool with a capital C! Love the funky grunginess of this and the great sentiment pieces.

Words and Pictures said...

Love, love this one, Yvonne - the colour are fabulous, making the women even more stunning than usual. Love that bubbly background too!
Alison xx