Followers

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Valentine, I love you!


A warm hello to each of you!  After a two month hiatus, Eclectic Ellapu is back and kicking us off is the Pink Team!  Our challenge is to create a project using lots of texture.  I LOVE texture on a card and really enjoyed creating this one.  I began with gold embossing paste and stenciled it on using a Tim Holtz Stencil.  Next I layered on a paper doily and some Dresden Trim by Retro Art Cafe.  The gorgeous digital images are from Gecko Galz and finishing touches include some rhinestone heart gems and a bit of seam binding tied into a bow.  The sentiment was created using ChitChat Seasonal Stickers.  Please enjoy the inspiration pieces of the rest of the Pink Team and I hope you will submit a piece of your own for us to enjoy.  Have a great weekend!  Hugs, Yvonne 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Darling Card, Yvonne! Very vintage and reminds me of the little Valentine Cards I'd give out in grade school. So sweet, indeed :) Thanks for sharing! XOXO-Shari

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful Valentine, love how you have the hearts cascading, love the gold embossing paste (I have to find that!) and the dresden foil and doily work perfectly with the beautiful images. ~Diane

Meihsia Liu said...

This card is so sweet and fabulous, Yvonne. You've created such a beautiful texture on the background. The vintage lady images are wonderful. :)

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous wZy to display those beautiful images. I love the harlequins and that gorgeous heart xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous make! Love the way you have used these beautiful images here! Pretty and romantic, just perfect for Valentines!

Pia S said...

The golden details sure look beautiful, it's a lovely love themed design!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous images and I love those gilded Harlequins in the background.
Alison x

Maryanne said...

Beautiful Valentine, Yvonne! I love the images.

Kay Wallace said...

Love the crisp red against the "rougher" gold, Yvonne! Perfect images for your Valentine card! Mwah! KayW

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
The scattering of heart gems is such a lovely touch.
Wishes
Lynne