Followers

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Love Is In the Air



Greetings! It is time, once again, for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.  This time, our challenge is called "Tag Along with Us," and we are asked to make a tag. I began with a Jumbo Manila Tag from the Funkie Junkie Boutique. I layered ivory corrugated paper over top,trimmed to fit and tore bits of the corrugated paper off to distress a bit.  The edges were distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The focal image by Lost Coast Designs was inked for the first time, and is one I have admired for quite some time.  It was matted with some burlap fabric with frayed edges.  The background of the tag was inked with images from Artistic Outpost's Generation Redux.
Embellishments include several tickets and paper string from Tim Holtz, a bottle cap with an image by Crafty Individuals.  The twill tape at the top of the tag and the heart gems are from my stash. I hope you will pop on over to FSC to see the gorgeous tags my Design Team Sisters have created, and then create and share one or more of your own with us!  As always, one lucky participant will win a gift voucher for $20 from our generous sponsor, FlonzCraft. Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hugs, Yvonne

19 comments:

Michelle said...

This is fabulous! I love those red hearts.

Ink Art Designs said...

Oh I love this Yvonne!!! Those hearts look amazing and so perfect on this tag. So beautiful
Dot x

Dagmar said...

Your tag is so lovely!

Astrid Maclean said...

What a wonderful tag Yvonne! Beautifully put together and what a fantastic stamp for your vocal image!! Gorgeous all round!

Claudia N. said...

Such a beautiful tag! LOVE IT!
Claudia x

Esther said...

Hi Yvonne - Love your tag, I have this stamp and he's so lovely..love how you've used the hearts and soft colours..Esther xx

Meggymay said...

Beautiful tag and the image is just adorable.
Yvonne

Maryanne said...

Fantastic tag, Yvonne! I love the image and the little red hearts really make it pop! The background with the corrugated cardboard is great texture for the composition. It's a wonderful tag!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Yvonne, this is such a fabulous image, love the addition of the hearts. Great background too.
Avril xx

Kay Wallace said...

You are definitely one of my favorite mixed media artists, Yvonne, and this tag is just ONE of the reasons why! First, it is vintage...what more can I say? Well, I love all the mixed "elements" you have used here. So much texture, depth, and interest! So cool! Mwah! KayW

Claire said...

Stunning tag Yvonne, those red hearts look fab against the muted colours you've used
Claire xx

Words and Pictures said...

Have fallen in love with that little chap - what a fabulous stamp. And I love your golden sepia colours with the pop of red from the hearts - an absolute delight of a tag!
Alison x

Amanda said...

Beautiful tag with such fabulous elements
Love
Amanda x

Margik said...

Beautiful tag! I love de stamp.

Shirley said...

Such a cute tag and the detail with the little stamped boy having hearts floating away from the bouquet is amazing.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Meihsia Liu said...

What a lovely tag! Yvonne. I love those beautiful layers of embellishments and the cute picture. Great design! :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Oh, that's lovely.

Pia S said...

What a beautiful vintage style tag! I love the image, I got some Lost Coast stamps too - love their style!

1CardCreator said...

Oh I just love this, the image of the little boy is adorable, it really does tug at your heart! Love the heart rhinestones, and the burlap and vintage paper treatments are gorgeous too. Splendid tag! ~Diane