Followers

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Happy New Year!


Greetings!  It's time for another Word Wednesday Challenge over at 365 Cards.  Our word this week is "New."  I immediately knew that I wanted to make a card for the New Year.  Looking through my gorgeous "Gecko Galz" images, I found this beautiful and fun-filled image of two children and a snow man celebrating the new year.  I enlarged the image to better fit my 8x8 inch card, backed it with snowflake background paper and layered it with a doily to the card front.  The snowflakes are Tim Holtz Rub Ons.  The sentiment is from Artistic Outpost and was stamped with Midnight Blue StazOn Ink.  A simple vintage seam binding bow completes my card.  I look forward to seeing what you might come up with for your project.  Thanks so much for dropping by today!  Hugs, Yvonne

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Super sweet and very charming Yvonne. Such a crisp, clean and classy looking card

Let's hope we all have something wonderful waiting for us in the New Year.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Kay Wallace said...

This vintage greeting card is absolutely delightful, Yvonne! I love the image you have used and, framed, it looks even sweeter! Thanks for sharing!

Maryanne said...

This is a beautiful card, Yvonne! I love the vintage image. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

A special way to wish someone a wonderful start to the brand New Year.
Festive Wishes
Lynne

Terry said...

Happy New Year to you!! This is lovely, Yvonne! The image is adorable! Hope you have a fabulous Christmas!

Darlene said...

great inspiration - as always !!!
Have a great Christmas !!!
darlene

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Hi Yvonne! Long time since I've visited I know....so sorry! Your cards always amaze me with their design and beauty! Love this snowman! I wish you a wonderful holiday season!!!!

annewalker said...

Such an adorable and lovely design of card. i like the fact that your creativity makes this card even more beautiful. Very nice.

Sending my happy new year wishes to all crafters out there!
Anne Walker xoxox @
http://messages.365greetings.com/holiday/new-year/new-year-wishes.html