Followers

Friday, May 17, 2013

From This Day Forward

Greetings!  It is a beautiful, finally, spring day here in my part of the world and I hope it is for you too, wherever you might be!  My post today is for the current challenge over at Frilly and Funkie where the theme is "A Time for Weddings"  and we are asked to make a card with white and one other color.  Assuming black is a neutral, the only other color besides antique white on my card is the pink flowers in the frame.  Hopefully, this works for the criteria!  

A little bit about the background of creating my card.  My dear husband recently decided to retire!  He had been battling a major health concern these past ten years and it is just time for he and me to move on to the next phase of our lives.  We plan to downsize and are in the process of getting our home ready to sell.  I am pretty much breaking down my art studio, and only keeping out my essentials.  The rest of the items are being boxed up for wherever my new art studio will be or are being given away to friends who are just getting started in this wonderful world of art.  As I was boxing things up, I came across this gorgeous sticker by Penny Black.  I also found this near perfect length of pearls and lace.  Before I knew it, my card just came together.  The edges were distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink and Idea-ology ChitChat Stickers were added to the card front along with a length of lace, some Tim Holtz Tissue Tape, a paper heart by Martha Stewart and a few vintage buttons.  It is not often that I make a card  without some stamping on it, but here is one of those times!  Have a lovely weekend.  Hugs, Yvonne

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Yvonne, love the image you've used. Good luck with your move too !

Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne. This is such a beautiful wedding card!!! I love the black and white with just a hint of colour...very classy! I got rid of ALL my craft stuff once! No regrets, just a chance to start a new journey a few years later...but I wasn't blogging then either lol.
Dot x

Sandra Wright. said...

A very elegant card,it really is gorgeous.
I love the image, beautifully Vintage.

Sandie x

Michelle said...

This is lovely! Very elegant!

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful card Yvonne, it came hogs their o well with wonderful elements included on it.
Good luck to you both, enjoy preparing for this next phase of your life and good luck with the move. Looking forward to seeing your new creative space in your new home.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Pia S said...

This is beautiful wedding card, Yvonne! The black and white color combinaton is such an elegant one, perfect for this vintage image!

Inkypinkycraft said...

a beautiful card, great use of tissue tape x
thanks for joining us at frilly and funkie x

Donna Gibson said...

Love your story on how this came together! It was just meant to be! Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie!