Followers

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dream, Explore, Discover


Greetings! It is Wednesday, which means another Word Wednesday Challenge over at 365 Cards.  This week, the word is "Discover."  As soon as I saw the word, I immediately knew that I would work with images from Artistic Outpost.  I began by using Frayed Burlap, Broken China, and Weathered Wood Distress Paints.   The images and sentiments were stamped on card stock and distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  The main image was matted with burlap fabric.  I made a bit of a bow out of the scraps pulled to fringe the edges of the matting.  Buttons and burlap string complete my card.  This card will also be entered at Make My Monday, Artistic Outpost's Referral Program and Bloggers Challenge where the challenge in each case is to create your own background.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Yvonne

11 comments:

Inky Angel said...

Yvonne, I really like this card. The vintage photo, colors, burlap, buttons, and strings are so perfect together? It is so lovely to look at time over time.
Hugs,
Katie

Brenda Brown said...

Love the burlap which gives just the right effect and feel for the stamps you have used.
hugs {brenda} xox

Anonymous said...

This would look so amazing in a frame.
Beautiful use of details such as the buttons.
Hope all is well.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How fantastic, a gorgeous card. Reminds me of my plate... still waiting for the first ink on it :(

Pia S said...

This card has such a great vintage feel and the different textures and buttons you've put on this card are such fab details. I love this style!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is lovely, Yvonne. Love the Huck Finn theme,

Lucy x

Rossella said...

This is a stunning card, really interesting.
Thanks for playing along this week at Make My Monday.
Rosie x

Words and Pictures said...

Love this stamp set, and you've worked them brilliantly here!
Alison x

Cazro said...

Beautiful art work again Yvonne. Your card tells a story. Love it. Thanks for again supporting us by sharing your work with us at MMM. Caz DT

Suzi B said...

I absolutely love this Yvonne, thank you for joining us at MMM I always enjoy your projects.
Suzi B x

Fliss said...

Oooh! Gorgeous creation Yvonne. Just love the inky background and the lovely texture.
Thanks for joining in with my DIY background challenge at MMM.
Fliss xx