Followers

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Inspired

Greetings! It is time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.  This time around, the theme is "Swirls."  It's a funny thing, a few years back swirls were all the rage.  I was beside myself until I could afford to get a set.  And as luck would have it, by the time I bought them, swirls were pretty much passe.  But, I had them for this challenge, so all is not lost and I am so glad swirls were chosen for the theme, because I really do like them!  For my card, I had a vision of swirls all around the perimeter of the card with Dylusion Spray Inks in the center.  Once that was complete, I decided to stamp these glorious figures by Stampington and Co. in various shades of Distress Ink, trim and distress them with Pumice Stone DI and mount them to the card front.  I added Tim Holtz Tissue Tape to the card front, painted a heart die cut with Picket Fence Distress Stain and distressed the edges with Peacock Feathers DI.  I resisted added a lot of embellishments to my card and in the end settled for some Black Liquid Pearls and a yellow feather.  I hope you will pop over to FSC to see what the entire Design Team has to inspire you to make and submit a creation of your own!  Thanks so much for dropping by today.  Hugs, Yvonne

16 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Yvonne,
This card has a wonderful background and holds the eye, until you are drawn towards the figures, and how the Yellow pops! I am glad you resisted adding too many elements, as your feather and heart along with the mini sentiment is just enough, your swirls on your background create the movement which juxtapose beautifully with your static forms.
I really like this card.
Smiles :-)
Sue

Mynn xx said...

I absolutely LOVE this gorgeous card! The colors are amazing and I love your swirls! I must find time to play along this time around, as I have TONS of swirls! :)

Shirley said...

Yvonne this card is amazing just love and adore everything about it especially those figure stamps in the centre.

Everything about this card is a true inspiration for all of us.

Hugs Shirley x x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne, I love the arty splash of colour in the background, a perfect backdrop for the swirls! Everything is so very feminine with a wonderful use of colour.
Dot x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Yvonne, I just live the figures over those gorgeous swirls and the colours are perfect.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Yvonne, love the colours and the swirls as the frame to the images is fabulous ! Sue C x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fabulous card with wonderful details.

Terry said...

And this is so inspiring! Love the swirls and the offset ladies! Have a great Sunday! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I so like the mix of contemporary style figures with the more traditional style of the swirls and the swirls definitely add a sense of the dynamic to the images.
Wonderful card Yvonne.
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

Fabulous background swirls. Its a gorgeous card.
Yvonne x

Pia S said...

I love your take on the swirl theme. There's something about this card that makes it so pleasant to look at - I can't quite put my finger on it, but I like this being a bit different, and all the elements just work so perfectly together. Love it!

Ellie Knol said...

I LOVE this, the collagestamping, the tape used around the focal image, it's perfect!

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card Yvonne, love the figures framed with the swirls background.
Avril xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Pure GOOOOOORGEOUSNESS Yvonne! I love your card and the silhouettes look fab. I have this stamp in my stash but I haven't inked it up yet (gasp!). Must do soon! Have a lovely week, Joanna xx

Ephemera said...

FANTASTIC! love this so stylish card Yvonne, you always come up with something different and always beautifully crafted. xx

Words and Pictures said...

So gorgeous - love what you've done with your silhouettes shadowing one another, and that swirly background is just fantastic!
Alison x