Followers

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Think and Wonder

This is a scheduled post as I continue to be out of town while my husband deals with health issues.  My post is for a new challenge at 365 Cards.  Today's theme is "Wordy."  We are to create a background for our card with words using stamps, background paper, etc.  I chose to work with a plate of images and sentiments by Artistic Outpost called Think and Wonder.  Sentiments were stamped directly to the background or to scrap card stock and then applied to the the card base.  The children were stamped, trimmed and distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  Simple embellishments include brown burlap twine, a vintage button and die cut leaves stamped with script that I received as a thank you when I purchased items from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  To ground the busy background, I decided to add some Black Liquid Pearls to the four corners.  I am also submitting my card to the November Artistic Outpost Referral Challenge. Thanks so much for dropping by today.  Best wishes, Yvonne 

4 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

I love how you have cut out the children, they pop off the page of words. A great design and fabulous colours .
Thinking of you both.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful card, looks really fabulous.

Lucy Edmondson said...

What a gorgeous card, Yvonne! I have this plate and I love how you have added the leaves as it evokes thoughts of the children walking to school together, kicking up the Autumn leaves,

Lucy x

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of the text stamps for your background - love those sweet children! Thanks for your continued support of Artistic Outpost!