Followers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Joyeux Noel

Today, I am posting my final card for my application for Mynnette's new Challenge Blog called Inkspirational.  For the last challenge, we are to create a card inspired by the photo below.  I LOVE this photo.  Probably no other color combination speaks to me like, gray, black, red and white.  
I immediately knew I wanted to use this stamp by Penny Black.  It is inked with London Fog Memento Ink and stamped onto Specialty Paper.  The bird was inked a second time with Distress Markers, trimmed and pop dotted over the first image.  White glitter glue was used to add ice to some of the branches and red glitter glue was added to a number of the berries for dimension. The image was matted numerous times and layered over a snowy/berry background paper by Martha Stewart.  The snowflakes were punched with a Martha Stewart punch and glittered with white glitter glue.  The tartan plaid ribbon from my stash and a metal bird charm by Idea-ology complete my card.  There is still lots of time to apply if you are interested yourself in joining Mynnette's new Design Team.  Thanks for dropping by.  Best, Yvonne

3 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic card, great take on the photo inspiration.

Mynn xx said...

Yvonne, this is GORGEOUS! LOVE the fabulous image and your snowflakes are just perfect! Thank you SO MUCH for joining in my DT call--I will let you know via email as soon as I make my choices (end of November). Happy stamping! :)

Cazro said...

Loving this Yvonne, it is so cheerful. Fingers crossed eh? Caz