Followers

Monday, April 2, 2012

Think of Me!

There's a new challenge over at Stampsmith Challenge Blog! During the month of April, we are challenged to make a project with a theme of the Colors of Spring. I was fortunate to have won a complimentary sheet of stamps of my choice from the challenge recently and was anxious to use one of my new images for this project. I began with a Vintage Rose card base. I layered a designer paper from the Springtime pad from Crafty Individuals to the card base followed by a white paper doily. A tag from CI was layered next. My Stampsmith Image from the "Won't You be my Honey" stamp sheet was stamped with Black StazOn ink onto Glossy Paper and watercolored with Milled Lavender Distress Ink. The image was matted with leftover card stock that was colored with PanPastels in spring colors. The sentiment is from the "Say it with Flair" Stampsmith stamp sheet. Finishing touches include a vintage earring, pearls, vintage seam binding and a snippet of white ribbon embroidered with gold stars. Looking forward to seeing what others submit. If you have not checked out the challenge for April, wait until you see what the Design Team has come up with! Thanks as always for stopping by. Yvonne

6 comments:

Cazro said...

Well done on winning the sheet. This is a beautiful card. Caz

Anonymous said...

You surely must be the first entry - super quick!
Isn't that a beautiful sheet of stamps?
A gorgeous card and so happy you played with watercolouring the image. I don't do it all the time but now and again it is nice to add that "tint" of colour.
Thank you for supporting TSC once again.
Wishes
Lynne

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Yvonne! Great entry! Love how you added the Milled lavender ink and that yummy tag. Thanks for taking part in the Stampsmith Challenge!!

Debbie said...

She is a beauty! Love the tinting! I'm a big fan of tinting photo images, although, I have not tried water colouring on glossy. I usually tint with chalk on images stamped on smooth cs. I love the doily! Awesome Yvonne! Thank you for playing along at The Stampsmith!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Now that's what I call an Easter bonnet! Awesome Springtime entry! Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us for The Stampsmith Challenge!
Cheers,
Val :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Yvonne x