Followers

Monday, September 5, 2011

365 Cards - Day 189 - Pattern Frenzy

It has been a fantastic weekend away at the beach for my husband and me. So lucky to be able to minimally work on challenges while I am away. Over at 365 Cards for Day 189, the challenge is Pattern Frenzy. The challenge is to use six different patterned papers on our card in any fashion we choose. I started with a Kraft card stock for my card base. I selected six background papers in fuchsia and orange patterns and cut or tore various sizes of papers from them for my card. For the focal image, I stamped this beautiful stamp of four girls by Crafty Individuals with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink onto white card stock. The image was matted with Kraft card stock. As a final touch, I wrapped the card with orange and white Baker's Twine and also added chrome liquid pearls. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Best, Yvonne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yvonne
There is no frenzy to this card. You handled the array of papers so beautifully and with such expertise. Sometimes when many papers are used it can be too much and detracts from the stamped image but not in your hands.
Absolutely beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

Great layers, they frame the image perfectly.
A realy beautiful card. Yvonne

Deborah said...

What a great card I am a big fan of these colors together. The image you used is so appropriate for the end of Summer. Great job with challenge.

Anonymous said...

Love your subtle use of colours and pattern.. very soft and pretty, image on the centre is just the perfect finishing touch with twine & banners :)